Bye 2015, Hello 2016

January 01, 2016

Source: tumblr

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May 2016 treat you well :)

They say to never look back unless it's to see how far you've come.

One word to describe 2015: overwhelming.

So many things happened this year, a lot of it bad. But because I survived all of it, I'm stronger now :)

This blog post is for me to look back at 2015 and remember the GOOD times, not the bad ones.
I have a happy/memory jar and I'd like to share the pleasant memories I had this year for me to look back and recall these happenings.


2015 Happy/Memory Jar

January
4th: Ran at ECP for the first time (in forever) and in 2015!
5th: Cooked bee hoon with Mom, quite tasty :)
6th: (Vegan) Bread bowls which I made for the first time were very successful!! (I wasn't vegan yet)
10th: Went to Fortune Centre for the first time :) Ate vegan food with Mom!! (baby vegan, haha)
25th: Parents said that they'll (try to) give up dairy milk. YAY!! :))
28th: My teacher is a very very nice, kind and concerned teacher :) God Bless her!

February
3rd: Teachers and friends consoled me after I got scolded really badly by one teacher. #blessed
14th: All my friends who cheered me up the past weeks :))

March
4th: Thankful for friends and teachers. God Bless them!!
13th: Cross Country, my class got first place!! And I ran :)

April
1st: My teacher gave me a notebook and pens :) God bless her!
17th: SYF results: We got the D! Everyone was so happy, I almost cried HAHAHA :) Went for dinner with batch! Took awesome photos :)

May
15th: TKGS last sports day, 2015! Took picture with Emma (cookie monster). I was in a dragon costume. DAMN HOT but worth it :)
24th: Touched by God during Level 8 Camp, bookmark verse :)  Matthew 6:25

June
3rd: Ran to school gym to put back rackets and saw our math teacher. Said, "We'll be in class before you!!!!!" Kinda failed but it was fun :)
10th: Watching The Vampire Diaries with Meg :) Fangirl-ing over Jeremy and Klaroline!
17th: Laughing and being high (not literally) with my sis :))
22nd: One of my church leaders gave me a message that he received from God wile praying for me :)
22nd: A random guy (stranger) called me cute. He asked for my name. (flattered but I was so flustered haha)
27th: Visited SP for Parents' Forum. Guys from IT are very funny :) "12 seconds" "So precise" "Anything!" "NYP vs SP" Hahaha, good memories from SP :)

July
3rd: Laughing a lot with friends, having motivation, feeling genuinely happy :)))

August
6th: National Day/Speech Day with friends was so fun :)) Singing and cheering was awesome! Maki-san with friends was funny!!
13th/14th: Feeling SUPER happy in school, laughing a lot :)))
17th/18th: Sang Disney & High School Musical songs with my sis for fun
21st: Getting B3 for O-level Chinese, "Where do you get the shirt from?"- my friends mom wanted to redeem vouchers, my friend and I had to wear baggy red shirts.

September
28th: Laughing with friends. "Listen to the teacher!", "I even record and listen when I sleep.", Me: "Ah, that's the problem; you're sleeping." (HAHAHA, Good times!!)

October
31st: O's pretty alright :)  Friends are awesome!!!

November
16th/17th: Prom night 2015!! Friend sitting next to me won 1st prize for the lucky draw! And dancing like we were in a club, hahaha :))

December
19th: Football training is super fun :)  "How did you hear of this training?", Me: "Google." They laughed, haha :)
27th: Splashing by the pool, baking vegan 'cookies', Praise & Worship with friends!! So fun :)))


Even if I didn't seem appreciative of help I got from people around me at that time, I'm actually so so thankful for all the little things they do :)

And I think the first half of the year was terrible so that I could get the negativity out of my system. So that the crucial second half of the year would be smoother for me. Maybe everything that happened was inevitable and it was only a matter of when.

I'm pretty sure there are more great, happy happenings but I forgot to write it down and add it to the jar. Anyway,  I guess I should also take this chance to post my goals and resolutions for the new year!

Study hard and be an all-rounder
It's going to be really challenging but I want to be able to juggle work and play well. I want to prioritise the right things and have good time management. I want to stay on to of assignments and homework. I want and hope to become an awesome all-rounder in 2016 :)
(Emma Watson is goals) Source: tumblr

Be more confident so that I can help more people
I stumble and find it hard to say things when I console people. I want to be able to eloquently say what I want to say :)  I believe that I can help but words get stuck in my throat and it's frustrating. When my words actually manage to come out, it sounds ridiculous. 
So in 2016, I want to be more confident so that I can help others to the best of my ability.
  Source: tumblr 

Make new friends, stay true to myself and have fun
I would like to believe that I'm pretty crazy with my friends :) I just have so much fun when I'm with them and I love them dearly! Secondary school ended and the next chapter of my life begins. this means meeting new people and forging new friendships (of course I'll still be keeping in touch with my precious Secondary school friends). I hope to be able to stay the way I am and be true to myself with the new friends I make. I want to have fun in 2016!
(such cuties) Source: tumblr

Improve football (soccer) by leaps and bounds
I officially started football training in December 2015. I plan to join the soccer CCA in which ever post-secondary institute I go to. I want to improve my skills in this fun and beautiful sport :)
(can we take a moment to remember this) Source: tumblr

Care less about what strangers think of me
"People who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind."
I care a lot (too much) about what others think of me. I guess I want to let go of that worry and just find those people who matter to me and stick with them :)  And not bother about those who mind me being vegan, weird, etc. (what ever they think I am).
  Source: tumblr

Cook more (vegan, of course) Source: tumblr
                   Before                                                                        After                     

Volunteer and grab opportunities
I'm usually the type to wait for things to happen or waits to be called up. I don't like risks nor feeling vulnerable. But in 2016, I want to volunteer and raise my hand more in classes etc. I want to take action and do more, think less. I'd also really like to volunteer and do charity whenever I can :)
Source: tumblr

Say Yes
I don't like feeling vulnerable or out of my comfort zone so I want to challenge myself this new year. I want to take chances and big leaps of faith. I'll be trying to say more 'yes' and less 'nah'.
  Source: tumblr

Self-sufficient
I'm quite capable of entertaining myself but I do get very lonely at times. I'm hoping to be able to be so comfortable with myself that I don't have to rely on others to be my sunshine.
Plus, I'll be going to a coed school next year. That means boy drama so I need to remind myself that I'm a strong, independent woman.
  Source: tumblr


Of course these goals won't happen unless I take action. So I'm going to do my best :)
What are your New Year's resolutions?

That's all for this post! I'm totally ready and excited for 2016 :))

Bye for now and see you next year!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments