Loving Hut

May 03, 2015


I will be updating this post with more food that I try out at this restaurant so do come back and check this post again every once in a while :)

The service there is amazing! The staff are all so friendly and loving :) 

Loving Hut has a really cozy interior and homely ambience.
I always admire this mural on their wall :)  It makes me happy, hahaha.

And of course the food is amazing.

UPDATE: They changed their menu and they now have different weekday promotion options! :)
The old options will be denoted with an 'O' while the new options will have an 'N'.

O Monday: Prong Noodle Soup/Dry
I like how how they're really generous with the 'liao' (ingredients eg. 'fish' cake etc.)
If given a choice, I would pick a western dish over a local dish just because my taste buds don't fancy local food. But my taste buds didn't mind this. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad. 

O Tuesday: Vegan Skewer Teriyaki Organic Brown Rice
The skewer alone is tasty but the tea magic happens when you mix the vegetables, rice and sauce together! It's so delicious! It's also really filling :)

O & N (Popular so I guess they decided to keep the old option for the new menu) 
Wednesday: Mee Siam
Very satisfying and delicious. The soup had the right amount of spicy-ness and the portion was just right.
The side was a salad and it was quite tasty as well. The dressing in the salad really reminded me of a creamy thousand island dressing but without the cruelty :)

Thursday: Roast Chicken Rice Set
The 'chicken' was so delicious! The texture and taste was spot-on. And the chilli was rather sweet so it may or may not suit your preference. My only complaint is that the rice was a little dry.


Banana Leaf Nasi Campur
I see people order this quite often so I had to know why. The first bite into the rice and I understood. The banana flavour is definitely present and the various ingredients are delicious too. My friend and I really liked it :)

B12 French Fries (No longer available)
Ha ha. The famous B12 myth that everyone tells vegans. No fear for B12 French fries are here! I guess fries all taste relatively similar. These fries were pretty good, but nothing WOW. I guess it's just good that there's a source of B12 from the nutritional yeast on the fries. The yeast also adds a slightly cheesy flavour.

Pasta Alla Napoletana
The sauce. Enough said. The sauce is so tasty! And the ingredients are plentiful, as usual.

Nyonya Laksa Lemak
Oh how I missed you, laksa! This is currently, hands-down, the best vegan laksa in Singapore. It's great that vegans can have this option thanks to Loving Hut.

Lemongrass Curry Organic Brown Rice Set
The curry is so aromatic! I really enjoy rice with curry (eg. Thai green curry with rice etc.). It's so simple, but it's delicious! 

Vegan lasagne
Another thing which I really missed was lasagne. I was so happy when I saw that Loving Hut had it! If I had to rank what food I missed the most, it'd probably be eggs, fish and cheese. I no longer crave cheese thanks to Daiya and this sexy lasagne. Each layer of the lasagne is bursting with flavour from the fresh eggplants, cauliflower, broccoli and concise sauce. I'm making myself hungry by typing all this. Do try it out :)

Tofu Scramble Sandwich
Described as a healthy low-fat sandwich on the menu, I knew I had to try it! I like that the tofu tastes a lot like egg. The texture is really on point too. The tofu is chilled and creamy to taste like an egg mayo sandwich. If you miss egg mayo as a vegan, I totally recommend this! I loved it so much and I'm definitely going back to Loving Hut for more.

Tunna Zen Sandwich (No longer available)
I used to love fish A LOT so I was so happy to find this delicious sandwich. The taste and texture is pretty similar to that of a real tuna. The sandwich bread is also toasted to perfectly golden-brown. I really liked it.

Left: Choco Avocado Smoothie
The smoothie was pretty good! It's definitely creamy and thick and if you try, you can taste the avocado. I just wish it had more chocolate flavour.

Right: Teochew Mee Pok at its Finest
The Mee Pok was not bad! I'm not really into local foods but this was pretty good. And what's great is that it's around 270 calories! I'm not counting calories but if you are, this is really good :)
(Teochew Mee Pok at its Finest)

Best-O-Pesto
I agree with the menu which says 'Big on taste'. It's really full of flavour and herbs. If you're into pesto, give this a try!

Wow Pot Pie
The pot pie was extremely scrumptious! The crust was flaky and everything a crust should be. No one would know that it's vegan. The contents of the pot pie was delicious too! The pasta was simple and it didn't overpower the pot pie. This is a must-try!

Strawberry crumble
The creaminess and the sweetness of the cake is just right. But my favourite part is the crumble the most. This was extremely tasty! A non-vegan would definitely think so too. 

Soy Cheese Pie
There's a choice between blueberry or chocolate. Being the chocolate addic that I am, I picked chocolate. It was really delicious! I used to eat cheesecake a lot and I usually had that feeling of 'too much' afterwards. There's no such feeling with this cheese pie! In fact, I could eat 3 and still feel no get that feeling. I would try that experiment of my wallet allowed, hahaha


Blueberry Cheesecake
This looks and tastes like an actual cheesecake! I had a phase where I was obsessed with cheesecakes before I went vegan. This cake brought me back to that time when cheesecake was my favourite dessert. The crust was crunchy and the blueberries added a fruity twang to the cake. The 'cheese' was very similar in texture and taste to a real cheesecake. 
All-in-all, it was delicious :)

Hazelnut Cocoa (Hot)
Not much to say about this other than the fact that it tastes like a very nice hot cocoa :) 
Organic Green Tea Latte
I love this a lot! The soy milk and green tea flavour go really well together. This is definitely a must-try!

Apple Juice
They make juices upon request :)

Thanks Loving Hut! You make me bankrupt but #noregrets

You Might Also Like

0 comments